What is Kwathu: Kwathu is a Nyanja word which means “my place or my home” providing a loving and caring family environment for vulnerable children aged 3 to 17 years to live within and call home. We are a registered charitable project in Livingstone, Zambia. Kwathu Children’s Home is a non-profit, community faith-based home in Livingstone, Zambia that provides shelter, education, psychosocial support, care for HIV infected and affected children, and life skills to vulnerable children in a healthy, stable and safe environment.
Our Vision: Kwathu’s Vision is for a socially just community in which all children have equitable access to education, shelter, health, support, care, love and have a place to call home.
We are working towards creating a self-sustaining home; a home that is created by christians to make disciples of all nations starting with each abandoned child; empowering mothers to break the cycle of abuse, poverty and disease by teaching family building skills and trades in order to strengthen hearts and build prosperity.
Kwathu Home is launching a radical movement to provide a working, educational and relational environment that you can invest in through prayer, participation, building opportunities and teaching while utilising the resources indigenous to Livingstone.
There is immediate need for Kwathu Children’s Home today. Start with the now and pray for tomorrow. How will you invest your time and your money in Kwathu Children’s Home?
The aims of Kwathu Children’s Home are:
- To provide a place for orphaned and vulnerable children to call ‘home’
- To empower children to sustain themselves in the future
- To provide education and practical skills training
- To promote and strengthen children’s talents
- To develop a child’s potential through life skills and guidance
- To care for children who might not have a chance to be sheltered
The work of Kwathu Children’s Home is intended to be a reciprocal relationship, whereby if a child finishes tertiary education and secures paid employment, they sponsor another vulnerable child within Kwathu Children’s Home.
Kwathu Children’s Home assists orphaned and vulnerable children through the provision of:
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary education.
- Shelter, food and other basic needs
- Skills training in cooking, arts and crafts, music, tailoring, and carpentry
- Psychosocial support and biblical principals to children affected or infected by HIV.
- Social and spiritual guidance
|1||Have a place for orphaned and vulnerable children to call Home||
|2||Empower children to sustain themselves in the future||
|3||Educate and train children||
|4||Promote and strengthen children’s talents for their survival||