NOVEMBER UPDATES 2015.
At Kwathu, Christmas season is a time of sharing God`s love and appreciating one another. Our Children get busy and spend most of their time drawing, coloring and writing out Christmas cards to all our friends, sponsors and partners. It is also during this time that the Children take some time writing back letters to our dear friends “Horizon church” in United states. The Children were delighted to have received such lovely letters from their friends.
On 16 November, one of Zambia`s musician popularly known as Shyman Shaizo visited the home with his two friends. During their visit, they toured the premise, had a brief meeting with the Kwathu directors Mr. & Mrs. Phiri and later on they spent some time encouraging the Children on how and what it took for him to become who he is today. Knowing that some of our Children hope to become musicians someday in future. His visit really inspired them and we thank him for sparing some time out of his busy schedule to visit the Children.
As Christmas is getting close, people are getting excited and stressful preparing feasts, buying Christmas gifts and more. Why not think of sharing this Christmas with somebody you don’t know? This Christmas, We have decided to reach out to our community around us and identify families who are struggling. We are going to feed about 80 children living around our property of which our children will serve, entertain and worship with them. God has opened this door for us to minister around our community but to do so; we need to feed them first. This feeding program is not just for Christmas, but an ongoing event as long as God provides. We have seen children around our plot who are living in poverty and in need of a little help. We provide clean water to them but we also realize that they need more than just clean Water. So many children around us don’t go to school, they don’t have a proper meal, clothing, to mention a few.
What will Jesus do? What will you do? How can you help?
We need to raise K.1, 500 = US$ 215. Please consider giving a one off Christmas donation or a weekly donation of US$ 215 for 2016 if this program has to go on. This amount includes the following:
- Maize meal Jumping Castle
- Rice Corn puffs
- Cooking oil Soup
- Cabbage Salt
- Chicken Soap
- Juice Charcoal
- Candy E.T.C
“God alone can save a nation. When God chooses to work in a nation, He always does it through the individual choices of people”. Please stand with us and help feed and save children in need around our community.
Sophie and Josephine our visiting Volunteer from Sweden have really been of great help. Sophie has continued helping out with some reading tutorials to some Children who need to improve on their reading skills and she enjoys playing with the little ones. Josephine has been spending some time teaching guitar and keyboard lessons to the Children and the Children are progressing very well and they really love it. In addition, Emil also a volunteer from Sweden, has been of great help as he mostly spent his time sharing God`s word with our Children.
When God chooses to work in a Nation, He always sees it through the individual choices of people”. Thank you Kovise Outreach Team from Bloemfontein in South Africa. We enjoyed having you and thank you for helping out with works on our construction site and our Gardening area. Hoping to see you again.
God has been faithful to us this year. Our Admin block, which we laid its foundation in January this year, is being roofed. It has proved to be one of the quickest structures being built at our plot. The first one took 4 years to complete which was tiresome. Thanks to Natalie who has tirelessly been an advocate for Kwathu Children’s Home in the USA. She and our faithful partners Grace Klein Community has been working hard to raise funding needed for our building projects. Please pray for more open doors and Gods favor as they plan and make appointments for speaking arrangements.
The following has been accomplished:
- Laying of 9 inch interlocking blocks
- Fitting of 10 window frames
- Fitting of 9 Door frames
- Pouring concrete mixture for the Ring Beam
- Outside walls plastering
- Fitting conduits for electrical wirering
- Setting truces for the roof
- Laying iron sheets
The following is what is remaining:
- Inside wall plastering
- Electrical wirering and fittings
- Plumbing and sewer lines
- Flooring and tiling
- Fitting Doors
- Fitting glass panes
- Painting and finishing
- Office furniture
Please continue praying with us on these
- Pray with us for financial resources to help us accomplish our current building project, which is our administration block.
- Continue praying for Natalie’s Visa in the USA. It is very important for us if she can stay longer and continue being the hands and feet of Kwathu.
- Pray for the Feeding Program God has laid upon our hearts to feed poor children around us
- Continue praying for courage, faith, wisdom and mostly love that we can accomplish the goals we set for Kwathu and that the children can live, grow and mature in Gods daily goodness and loving kindness.
- Pray for our weakened Zambian economy. The poor are feeling the pinch in all this and it’s hard for us to budget for the home as commodity prices increase every day.
- Pray with us for stability for our incoming Children, current Children and for the project in general even as we start planning for next year 2016.
- We thank you all for your continued love and support towards Kwathu Children’s Home and may the Lord continue to bless you! Matthew 18:5 “And whosoever shall receive one such little child in my name, receives me”.
- We thank all our friends and partners for your prayers, donation and support of any kind to Kwathu. GOD BLESS.
- We finally thank our volunteers for selflessly giving their precious time to help our children and staff.