MARCH UPDATE 2015!
The best way to invest in a Child`s life is to provide them with quality Education. Despite Education being a Right for every Child, not all the Children have access to it, which is so unfortunate. However, we are so grateful to our faithful friends and partners who have enabled us to continue sending our Children to attending a private school for some years now.
In the next few days our Children will be writing their end of term exams and will be closing school on 10th April and school will reopen on 4th May 2015. Besides, three of our children who skipped a grade (six) will be sitting for their grade 7 exams at the end of the year and will only close schools on 24th April. This is to help them prepare for their final grade 7 examinations. We wish the Children all the best in their end of term exams and a happy holiday time.
Gertrude turned 12 years old on 11th March and she celebrated her birthday on 13th March. Her birthday set up was not so different from the previous ones. It was also a time of reflection from the past experiences as Gertrude was only 5 years old when she was admitted to Kwathu Children`s Home. We all had a wonderful family time, each child in the house was given an opportunity to express themselves on how much they appreciate their sister Gertrude. Cutting and tasting the cake for the birthday girl was more fun, for this was done by Linto, Gertrude`s younger brother.
Since January, it has been hard work to get the house ready for occupation in April our deadline. In February our concentration was on fitting floor tiles in most of the rooms and building a concrete water stand for our second water tank. This was successfully built, 5000 liters water tank erect at 3 meters. This tank receives water from the main tank, which is erect 8 meters from the ground level. We drain the tank using gravity to fill the second newly built one at approximately 4hours. The challenge though comes from the low pressure from this tank to the main house; this house is too big for pressure to be stable. We have bought a booster pump to increase and stabilize pressure in the main house and the office block once completed.
Currently, we have fitted floor tiles in 4 bedrooms, passages, sitting and dining room, Kitchen, play room, three toilets and we have also fitted wall tiles in two toilets. Three quarters of the works have been completed and we are confident to be able to move the home from Kabompo road to Highlands come April month end. Thank you Tandeka team and everyone who bought Calendars, I AM Design team for your expertize in the past years; and other donations in kind towards building this house.
This is Juliana and Stephanie our short-term volunteers who has managed to raise funds for all the doors and inside paint for the main house. Juliana’s family has given a donation to cover the total cost of all hard wood interior doors which will be made by our local carpenter. Stephanie’s family and friends will cover the total amount needed for all colors in paint and possibly curtain rails. We are so grateful to you two, your families and friends who quickly responded to this need.
The following are our next goals for the project:
- Preparation for the main shifting from town to our building property.
- Fitting tiles in the 2 remaining rooms.
- 2 Bathrooms
- Fitting Kitchen unit, sink and wall tiles
- Fitting doors and door handles
Please continue praying with us on these requests.
- Pray with us for financial support for the remaining stages on the house (painting, doors, and floor and wall tiles.
- Continue praying for courage, faith and understanding that we can accomplish the goals we set for Kwathu and that the children can live, grow and mature in Gods daily goodness and loving kindness. We thank you all for your continued love and support towards Kwathu Children’s Home and may the Lord continue to bless you! Psalm 127:3 “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward.
- Pray with us for our 4 Children who will be sitting for grade 7 exams at the end of the year.
- Pray for this transition moving from Kabompo road to the main property.
- We thank all our friends and partners for your prayers, donation and support of any kind to Kwathu. GOD BLESS YOU.