FEBRUARY UPDATE 2015!
Firstly, we would love to express our heartfelt gratitude to Tandeka and Graceklein for their tireless efforts in supporting Kwathu and for helping us meet this need of a bus. Finally we have 2 mini buses which will be mainly used for transporting our Children to and from school. Before the purchase of these buses our Children had to cover a distance of about10km to and from school every day. The buses will also be used for recreation outings and for Administration purposes. We are so thankful for this gesture and the children are so happy and excited about it.
Many thanks to the single focus group from the First Baptist church of Glen Este, Ohio,USA for the wonderful and lovely gifts for the Children. Besides we were blessed by a lady within our community with assorted clothings and shoes, we are so grateful for the growing support from both the local and the international community.
Meet little David, a 4 year old young boy, who has been admitted to Kwathu Children`s Home since 20th February, 2014 through the assistance of the social welfare. David has now been admitted to our facility for a period of 1 year. During his stay at Kwathu there has been so much positive transformation in his life, he has been attending class in a private school and his performance has been outstanding. David is now in pre-school and is able to communicate well in English with everyone including our visiting volunteers. Further on David celebrated his 4th Birthday on 27th September 2014 with his new Kwathu family. We thank everyone who has been part of this journey.
On the other hand, we wish to congratulate Gertrude our social worker for having passed her driving test and has now acquired a SADC driving license. We are so joyful for this great achievement , which will also be beneficial to the project.
It`s so amazing to see how much Rozaria has grown into a beautiful young girl, she was only 2 years old when she was admitted to Kwathu Children`s Home. 1st February was a very special day as we had a joined birthday celebration of Rozaria who turned 9 years old and our visiting volunteer Sara from Spain who helped with painting some of play equipment for the park. We had a delicious family lunch, played some games and had 2 delicious cakes. Later on Rozaria went out for a treaty birthday shopping were she bought shoes and assorted food staff from Shoprite stores. We are so happy to be part of her life.
26th February was yet another special and memorable day for both the Phiri and Kwathu family. Victoria Phiri celebrated her 2nd birthday. This day was characterized of nice quality family time, it was such a wonderful moment seeing Victoria with the help of our house mother cut her birthday cake. Later on everyone had a piece of cake, sweets, cold and hot drink.
The following are our next goals for the project:
- Preparation for the main shifting from town to our building property.
- Putting up the second water tank “5,000 liters” to supply water to the main house.
- Fitting tiles in the 6 remaining rooms.
Please continue praying with us on these requests.
- Pray with us for financial support for the remaining stages on the house (painting, doors, and floor and wall tiles. (We will need $3,000 to complete the fitting tiles for the whole house).
- Please continue praying for Natalie who is currently in Alabama USA on a mission for Kwathu Children`s Home. She will be meeting Churches, Organization etc. under our partner Graceklein Community.
- Continue praying for courage, faith and understanding that we can accomplish the goals we set for Kwathu and that the children can live, grow and mature in Gods daily goodness and loving kindness. We thank you all for your continued love and support towards Kwathu Children’s Home and may the Lord continue to bless you! Psalm 127:3 “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward.
- We thank all our friends and partners for your prayers, donation and support of any kind to Kwathu