OCTOBER UPDATE 2014!
As Zambia celebrated it`s 50 years of Independence “Golden Jubilee” on 24th October, the Children at Kwathu took part in this important celebration that marks great Zambian history of peace and stability. Faith Christian Trust Academy School organized the Independence celebrations and the Children dressed up so lovely and flamboyant in colorful Zambian colours. The celebration was also characterized of traditional dances, boys and girls modeling and other fun activities.” Happy 50th Anniversary Mother Zambia”!
On a sad note; Zambia lost the 5th Republican president Mr. Michael Chilufya Sata who passed away on 28th October 2014, just a few days after Jubilee Celebration. A sad time indeed for all Zambian people. May his soul rest in internal peace!
Meet Kashu also known as KC Flexer a local Musician and one of the beneficiaries of the project received some CDs of his music from our Germany partners Tandeka. Once a street kid, orphaned, institutionalized and now a self motivated, creative musician who composed most of the songs in his music album. His popular song in Zambia is “Segulani Chabe” (Open the door). If you buy one of his CDs, you will directly enable him raise funds for his living and further development of his music career. “Don’t give him fish, but teach him how to fish and he will never go hungry”. Thank you Tandeka for the CDs.
We continue to express our heartfelt gratitude to Green valley farm, which is based in Livingstone, for their support to Kwathu Children`s Home with a variety of vegetables on a weekly basis. We were also blessed with fresh Vegetables from a local couple within the community. Thank you all for your support. In Zambia we have a saying that “A child is raised by the whole community”. Thank you again for reducing our budget in this area. We are always grateful if the local community gets directly involved in raising our children.
On 7 October we said goodbye to Natalie Spronk our South African Volunteer who is out in Alabama, United States of America on a mission for Kwathu Children’s Home sharing the Kwathu story. During her stay, She has been sharing with various adult, ladies, Children`s church, schools, colleges, open air events, community night and further on. This is not as easy as it might sound but it is a task one needs a calling for. Natalie is doing it better with her voice, guitar and the power of the Holy Spirit. There has been some good response so far but she needs more speaking arrangement. All our friends in the USA, see how you can make a booking and hear Natalie sing and share Kwathu’s heart. Send mail to Grace Klein Community.
Works on the small house has been completed and as a step of faith the Phiri family who are also directors and founders of Kwathu Children`s Home have since moved to the main Kwathu building site. Through this step of faith, they believe that God will also move at a higher level to the development of the project. We pray that God gives them strength and grace as they walk through this path.
Since moving to the site. The Phiri’s have facilitated the upgrade of power supply from single phase to three phase by Zesco a power utility company. This will give us the freedom to connect power to all the structures we are planning to build on site using only one receiving point. This also means that any other structure we will build in future at Kwathu property will be billed at once as in using one billing meter.
Further on, we also had 2 groups from a Church organized by Youth With A Mission Livingstone and a YWAM outreach team from South Africa. These two groups did some community service of cleaning both inside and outside the main building. This was also a good preparation for inside as we will be putting tiles soon. We thank them all for their support to Kwathu Children`s Home especially for the mama who were doing the hard work with babies on their backs.
In addition many thanks to Mark and Angela for organizing a garden fundraising party for Kwathu Children`s Home which was held in Australia and thank you once more for everyone in Australia who bought the tickets. Through this initiative we will be able to complete our goals for next month which is plumbing, ceiling and possibly tiling.
Please continue praying with us on these requests:
- Funding for a 10 to 16 seater Bus (preferably Diesel) that would help us transport our children to and from school, as well as for the use of administration purposes. At present, some of our children are walking about 10km to and from school. We have raised over US$ 9,000 of the amount needed but please continue praying for the remaining US$ 6,000.
- Pray with us for financial support for the remaining stages on the house ( flooring, painting, and the doors)
- Please continue praying for Natalie who is currently in Alabama USA on a mission for Kwathu Children`s Home. She will be meeting Churches, Organization etc. under our partner Graceklein Community.
- Continue praying for courage, faith and understanding that we can accomplish the goals we set for Kwathu and that the children can live, grow and mature in Gods daily goodness and loving kindness. We thank you all for your continued love and support towards Kwathu Children’s Home and may the Lord continue to bless you! Psalm 127:3 “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward.
- We thank all our friends and partners for your prayers, donation and support of any kind to Kwathu