SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2014.
Our Children reported back to School on 1st September, 2014. We wish them well for the term and thank you all for school support and enable our children to go to school every term.
Once again we celebrated a joint birthday celebration for Maranatha and David. It was so special for little David as it was his first Birthday at Kwathu Children`s Home. Maranatha turned 7 years old on 25th September and David turned 4 years old on 27th September, 2014.The Children were first treated for ice cream at hungry lion and proceeded to Zambezi way lodge were we celebrated their birthday with jumping castle, a swimming pool and a trampoline. It was a wonderful and joyous day for the Children. In addition, Maranatha and David were also given K20 each and had a chance to go out for shopping in Shoprite were they bought assorted food items of their choice.
We so grateful to Green valley farm, which is based in Livingstone, for their continued support to Kwathu Children`s home with a variety of vegetables on a weekly basis. Envest Kalonga Estate also blessed the Children with lovely bananas. Further on, Parents to Mrs. Jeanette Phiri blessed Kwathu Children `s Home with some beautiful Clothing before leaving for Germany, they left on the 5th of September and we were so blessed to have them visiting. We are so thankful for the growing support of both the local and international community in providing and caring for our Children.
On 5th September, our Germany Volunteers Lea and Marcel prepared a delicious and yummy Germany meal for the Kwathu family which we had for lunch accompanied by a desert, it was delicious and everyone enjoyed it.This was also our last meal with our American Volunteer Nusly as it was her last day at Kwathu. Nusly has been with Kwathu for a period of 3 weeks. We also said goodbye to Sammy a Volunteer from England who was with Kwathu for about 2 weeks, being a teacher by profession Sammy mainly helped with reading skills to some Children struggling with reading and finally we had Lauren from new Zealand who was with Kwathu for about 2 weeks.
In addition on 28th September, we said goodbye to Lea and Marcel our Germany Volunteers who have been with Kwathu for 6 weeks. Few hours before leaving for Germany the Kwathu Family was blessed with delicious ice cream from one of the Italian Restaurant around Livingstone town, it was so delicious and we enjoyed ourselves. They will be greatly missed and we thank them all for their time at Kwathu Children`s Home.
Please continue praying with us on these requests:
- Funding for a 10 to 16 seater Bus (preferably Diesel) that would help us transport our children to and from school, as well as for the use of administration purposes. At present, some of our children are walking about 10km to and from school. We have raised 40% of the amount needed but please continue praying for the remaining 60%.
- Pray with us for financial support for the remaining stages on the house (Plumbing, flooring, ceiling and the doors)
- Please, pray for Natalie who is currently in Alabama USA on a mission for Kwathu Children’s Home. She will be meeting friends, Churches, organizations etc. under our partner Graceklein community.
- Continue praying for courage, faith and understanding that we can accomplish the goals we set for Kwathu and that the children can live, grow and mature in Gods daily goodness and loving kindness. We thank you all for your continued love and support towards Kwathu Children’s Home and may the Lord continue to bless you!Psalm 127:3 “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward.
- Note: Kwathu is now on twitter! Please follow us on @KwathuHome.